BOB
Read Only
YouTube Username: BOB!_da_siren_girl

Ellwood City, PA fire sirens

Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:40 am

Yellow everybody! My grandpa lives in Ellwood City, PA between Beaver and Lawrence Counties (his house is in both of them!). Down the street from his house is a volunteer fire department that has an STL-10 that is blasted for fire calls. My mom told me that they used to do a Friday at 1:00 test but as far as I know that doesn't happen anymore. When we were driving to visit a friend in Cranberry, I saw a red Model 5 at another fire station. I'm assuming that it's used for firecalls, but I could be wrong. I also saw what looked like a Model B or a Sterling, but it was probably something else since it wasn't by a fire department. And then Beaver Co has its own system of Equinoxes that is tested once a year (usually a Thursday in September between 6:00 and 7:15 pm). If anyone knows anything about some more sirens in that area, then I'd really appreciate any info. Thanks!

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Re: Ellwood City, PA fire sirens

Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:15 am

BOB wrote:Yellow everybody! My grandpa lives in Ellwood City, PA between Beaver and Lawrence Counties (his house is in both of them!). Down the street from his house is a volunteer fire department that has an STL-10 that is blasted for fire calls. My mom told me that they used to do a Friday at 1:00 test but as far as I know that doesn't happen anymore. When we were driving to visit a friend in Cranberry, I saw a red Model 5 at another fire station. I'm assuming that it's used for firecalls, but I could be wrong. I also saw what looked like a Model B or a Sterling, but it was probably something else since it wasn't by a fire department. And then Beaver Co has its own system of Equinoxes that is tested once a year (usually a Thursday in September between 6:00 and 7:15 pm). If anyone knows anything about some more sirens in that area, then I'd really appreciate any info. Thanks!
Do you know the exact location of the Sterling/Model B?
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

BOB
Read Only
YouTube Username: BOB!_da_siren_girl

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:33 pm

Synther wrote:
BOB wrote:Yellow everybody! My grandpa lives in Ellwood City, PA between Beaver and Lawrence Counties (his house is in both of them!). Down the street from his house is a volunteer fire department that has an STL-10 that is blasted for fire calls. My mom told me that they used to do a Friday at 1:00 test but as far as I know that doesn't happen anymore. When we were driving to visit a friend in Cranberry, I saw a red Model 5 at another fire station. I'm assuming that it's used for firecalls, but I could be wrong. I also saw what looked like a Model B or a Sterling, but it was probably something else since it wasn't by a fire department. And then Beaver Co has its own system of Equinoxes that is tested once a year (usually a Thursday in September between 6:00 and 7:15 pm). If anyone knows anything about some more sirens in that area, then I'd really appreciate any info. Thanks!
Do you know the exact location of the Sterling/Model B?
No I do not and I'm not exactly sure if it was a Sterling/Model B that I saw. All I know is that it could be somewhere in Cranberry

Rheems1

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:21 am

I am the resident Pa siren expert (I gave myself that title so no one else can take it ROFL), I have been all over this fine state taking pictures and have ventured out to the greater Lawerence/Beaver County area once or twice, I am not aware of any STL-10's off of the top of my head in the area. Do your grandparents live right in Ellwood City or in one of the other towns surrounding it? Ellwood City has a 2T22 that they use for a fire siren, neighboring Wurtemburg has a Sentry 3V8... Wayne Township doesn't have a siren that I have ever found. Expanding the area a bit, North Sewickley has an STH-10 at their main station and a Sterling Little Giant at their substation, Koppel has a Model 5 and Franklin Township has a Model 2 at their sub-station and a 3T22 at their main station.

Trashbeam
YouTube Username: Sirens of NE Ohio

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:18 am

Do you know when New Bedford, PA tests their Thunderbolt 1000(T)?

Greenfield1003
YouTube Username: Indy Metro Sirens

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Rheems1 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:21 am
I am the resident Pa siren expert (I gave myself that title so no one else can take it ROFL), I have been all over this fine state taking pictures and have ventured out to the greater Lawerence/Beaver County area once or twice, I am not aware of any STL-10's off of the top of my head in the area. Do your grandparents live right in Ellwood City or in one of the other towns surrounding it? Ellwood City has a 2T22 that they use for a fire siren, neighboring Wurtemburg has a Sentry 3V8... Wayne Township doesn't have a siren that I have ever found. Expanding the area a bit, North Sewickley has an STH-10 at their main station and a Sterling Little Giant at their substation, Koppel has a Model 5 and Franklin Township has a Model 2 at their sub-station and a 3T22 at their main station.
The STL-10 that I mentioned is actually Wurtemburg's 3v8. I was still pretty new to sirens when I originally posted this thread. I've also been to Cranberry quite a few times since then, and I think the Sterling/Model B was just an illusion since I haven't seen one yet.
YouTube: Indy Metro Sirens
Facebook: Elizabeth Ogorek
Instagram: indy.sirens_weather_trains

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”