TboltTX1
YouTube Username: TboltTX1, Sentry40V2T

Re: Texas Siren Testing

Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:17 am

ModulatorMan wrote:I recommend going to Greenville, they have a hurricane and they test on the first Wednesday. Other than that, Whitehouse in East Texas has a few unknown electronics that they test on the first Tuesday.
Neither of the Greenville Hurricane 130s are still in use. The old system of Hurricanes and P-10/15s were replaced by ATIs.

ModulatorMan

Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:19 am

TboltTX1 wrote:
ModulatorMan wrote:I recommend going to Greenville, they have a hurricane and they test on the first Wednesday. Other than that, Whitehouse in East Texas has a few unknown electronics that they test on the first Tuesday.
Neither of the Greenville Hurricane 130s are still in use. The old system of Hurricanes and P-10/15s were replaced by ATIs.
They're still standing, though.
Modding the Most since 1996| Owner of a truck.

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:28 am

buffaloglenn wrote:
Valtonus wrote:If you go to Wichita Falls, I see there is someone selling Thunderbolt's there for $200 each, maybe bring a trailer and some money with you to TX. Or are.. you taking a plane...
Is this a serious reply or a joke? I am in the market for a repairable thunderbolt in Texas (in Houston, but will drive to find one). TIA
Probs not for sell anymore, or he doesn't have it. Also, he hasn't been online on the board since October 31st :/ But here is the link anyway...

If you really wan't to buy a siren badly, you have to do lots of research, do every possible search, and you should always check the for sale section of the board, because this was on the first page of it. Not doing your research could also get you a bad deal in the long run.
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

WhammyP-50

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:36 pm

The majority of Dallas/Fort Worth (as already mentioned) goes off First Wednesday at noon. A very close cut of 1'oclockers and a few 2pm cities here and there. Celina TX tests their LAWS system anytime before an event at Old Celina Park. Gainesville as most people know tests on the First Monday at 1:30pm. Most cities in Fannin County test on the Second Wednesday at 10am as Tioga TX tests on the Second Wednesday at 9:00am. Collinsville tests their Sterling? at the First Thursday at noon. Whitesboro TX tests on the 1st Tuesday of the month at around 12:58pm (be sure to be there early) along with Van Alstyne that tests on the First Tuesday at 9:00am. Sherman/Denison area tests on the first Wednesday at 9:00am. Decatur tests on the Second Wednesday at 12:00am. Keene TX tests their :P50: on the First Thursday at 9:00am. Venus TX tests their "Defective" T-128s every Saturday at noon. Sanger tests on the Third Thursday at 1:30
Review:
Celina has a siren called LAWS
Fannin County has Allertors ATIs and a few Thunderbolts
Tioga most likely has 2001s
Whitesboro has Sentries
Van Alstyne has 130s
Sherman/Denison has Federal Products and Alertronic RE-1600s
Decatur has 40V2Ts
Sanger has A P-15, T-128s, and one lone T-135ACDC
"... Sometimes moving against the current is as easy as going with it... "

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:20 pm

The Alertronic sirens in Denison are actually AL-6000R's. The RE-1600 was the four-throat ASC version. Thanks for listing the test date for those, I need to see those in person some time.
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

WhammyP-50

Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:36 pm

4J25 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:20 pm
The Alertronic sirens in Denison are actually AL-6000R's. The RE-1600 was the four-throat ASC version. Thanks for listing the test date for those, I need to see those in person some time.
Thanks for the info! Yeah those testing dates are just some of the things I've found out over the years.

Jared H
YouTube Username: The Siren Seekers
Discord: shodowhater#1003

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:53 pm

Ennnis tests their thunderbolts first Wednesday at noon, same as Dallas.
Celina tests their 2001 on the first Wednesday along with the LAWS system WhammyP-50 mentioned.
Keene has a Model 7 in tandem with the T-135.
Grand Prairie tests first Wednesday at 1:00. I believe they have one P-15 left, everything else is T-135AC/DCs.z
The 'sterling' in Collinsville is a Federal Fire Siren.
Upon mappping out Fannin county, I see zero ACÁ products and lots of Federal and Sentry.
Valley View tests their 1000 first Wednesday at one.
Hurst tests their Allertors first Wednesday at 1:00 as well.
Corsicana tests their 2t22s on the first Wednesday at 1:30.
Last edited by Jared H on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------
Apparently the chat room is haunted... -VASirens 2015
Friendly Neighborhood Thunderboltologist, if such a thing exists.

WhammyP-50

Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:36 pm

I'd heard they let you set off the Valley View siren if you show up! I talked with a siren enthusiast and he said they let him set it off. Don't know if he's on the board.

Busgeek71

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:54 pm

ModulatorMan wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:16 pm
I recommend going to Greenville, they have a hurricane and they test on the first Wednesday. Other than that, Whitehouse in East Texas has a few unknown electronics that they test on the first Tuesday.
Those in Whitehouse are ATIs with Atlas speakers. For testing, they do a single whoop, voice message, and chimes.

Jared H
YouTube Username: The Siren Seekers
Discord: shodowhater#1003

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:37 pm

WhammyP-50 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:36 pm
I'd heard they let you set off the Valley View siren if you show up! I talked with a siren enthusiast and he said they let him set it off. Don't know if he's on the board.
Well sheeeeeit, I know where I'm going next test day hahahaha.
------------------------------
Apparently the chat room is haunted... -VASirens 2015
Friendly Neighborhood Thunderboltologist, if such a thing exists.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”