WhammyP-50

Re: Texas Siren Testing

Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:41 pm

jacob585 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:32 pm
Jared H wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:54 pm
Apologies for the bump, but here's an absolutely massive in-progress list of every single test time in Texas, county by county, city by city.
Crossposting this here from another thread so you unregistered lurkers that I know are looking at this board can see it too.

-----
COUNTY: TARRANT
CITIES: FT. WORTH, SAGINAW, ARLINGTON, GRAPEVINE, KELLER, HURST/EULESS/BEDFORD ETC.
TIMES: Ft. Worth tests weekly, every wedensday at 1pm. On the first wedensday, they go for three mins, and any other time they go for 15 sec. All the other towns listed are 1st Wed/1pm.
SIGNALS: Fort Worth runs Wail, everyone else runs Alert as far as I know.
NOTES: Unless you live close by, the only places worth an actual trip are Hurst (Allertors and P-10s) and Bedford (T-128s and a T-135AC).
------
COUNTY: NOLAN
CITY: SWEETWATER
TIME: 1st Monday at 11:00am
SIGNAL: ???
NOTES: Seriously? Nobody bothered publicizing this town's test time? We've known about it for YEARS, why didn't anyone share? Nearby Roscoe has an M-10, test time unknown.
----
COUNTY: ELLIS
CITIES: WAXAHACHIE, ENNIS, etc
TIMES: Ennis goes with Dallas, on the 1st Wed. at Noon. Waxahachie goes on the third Wednesday at 1:00.
SIGNAL: Alert
NOTES: Ennis has 1000Ts, the last full Thunderbolt system within an hour's drive of Dallas. Waxahachie has Sentries, specifically 10v2Ts, 20v2Ts, and 40v2Ts.
----
COUNTY: NAVARRO
CITY: CORSICANA
TIME: 1st Wedensday at 1:30
SIGNAL: Attack
Notes: see dedicated thread I posted a couple weeks ago.
----
COUNTY: COOKE
TOWNS: VALLEY VIEW, OAK RIDGE, GAINESVILLE, etc.
TIMES: Valley View goes on the 1st Wed. at 1pm. Oak Ridge goes on the same day between 11am and 2pm- how specific. Gainesville goes on the 1st Wedensday at 1:30, if they haven't stopped already.
SIGNAL: Alert
NOTES: VV's 1000, where did it come from? Abilene? Gainesville? Speaking of Gainesville, that horrid sounding 1000T finally quit.
----
COUNTY: BEXAR
CITY: LEON VALLEY
TIME: 1st Wed/Noon
NOTES: T-121. Why is the first Wednesday at noon so damn common? More for this county coming as I find them.
----
COUNTY: RED RIVER
CITY: BOGATA
TIME: Daily at noon; 1st and 3rd Monday at 7pm
NOTES: This town is interesting. The noon whistle is what most people assume to be a Darley Champion, however having seen it in person I can safely say it's not a Darley. The big siren isn't a 3/5/7 like you'd expect for a town of this size, oh no, it's a Thunderbolt. Expect a video around August.
----
COUNTY: LAMAR
CITY: PARIS
TIME: Last Friday/10am
SIGNAL: ATTACK
NOTES: have they replaced all their ACAs yet?
----
COUNTY: HOPKINS
CITY: SULPHUR SPRINGS
TIME: 1st Wed/Noon; full 3min test in may
NOTES: An epic system of 508s, T-128s, STH-10s, 2t22s and a model 2.
----
COUNTY: ARCHER
CITIES: ARCHER CITY, HOLLIDAY, etc
TIMES: Archer City goes on the first Monday at noon. Holliday goes on the first Tuesday at noon.
NOTES: Regarding Holliday.... once again, a really cool system we've known about for years, over a decade, in fact, and nobody bothered to find out and publicize when they test until I shot them an email? Wow. For the unaware, Archer City has Vortexes, a 1003, and a 3t22; Holliday has two B-series 1000Ts and two 2t22s.
----
COUNTY: TOM GREEN
SYSTEM: SAN ANGELO
CITIES: SAN ANGELO, GRAPE CREEK, CHRISTOVAL
SIGNAL: Generally speaking, San Angelo runs Alert. However every so often they test Attack, and it's a real treat when they do.
TIME: Every Monday at noon, they growl 'em. On the first of the month, they let 'em go for 3 mins.
NOTES: I have to go back before it's too late
----
COUNTY: DENTON
CITY: DENTON
TIME: 1st Wed/Noon
SIGNAL: ALERT
NOTES: Denton used to have at least one T-135 AC, where did it go?
If you're going to Denton, head out to the State School. They have a 3t22 that's tested alongside the city system. The State School tests in Alert and Fast Wail.
----
COUNTY: MONTEAUGE
CITIES: BOWIE, NOCONA
TIMES: Bowie goes monthly, on the 1st Monday at 5:00. Nocona goes on the first Wednesday of every quarter at noon.
SIGNALS: ??
NOTES: Bowie is an odd town. They have a double-sixteen Sterling and a ton of Model 2s. Nocona is the town that gave us this gem of a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btqGdt89ZFY
Do you know the test time For Justin TX
1st Wednesday 1pm I believe.
"... Sometimes moving against the current is as easy as going with it... "

Jared H
YouTube Username: The Siren Seekers
Discord: shodowhater#1003

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:46 am

Added. Thanks, Whammy.
------------------------------
Apparently the chat room is haunted... -VASirens 2015
Friendly Neighborhood Thunderboltologist, if such a thing exists.

Austen_lyon123
YouTube Username: SouthWest Car Washes
Discord: Phryozz #5522

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:57 pm

What's The Test Time For The Kyle, TX Model 5 And All Of San Marcos 14 T-121's And Their M-10?
Your Car Wash Nut

Jared H
YouTube Username: The Siren Seekers
Discord: shodowhater#1003

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:50 am

Austen_lyon123 wrote:
What's the test time for the Kyle, TX Model 5 and all of San Marcos' 14 T-121's and their M-10?
I have no idea. As such, I just shot San Marcos' EM director an email.
The M-10 is most likely abandoned in place. That 5 could quite possibly also be abandoned in place.
------------------------------
Apparently the chat room is haunted... -VASirens 2015
Friendly Neighborhood Thunderboltologist, if such a thing exists.

WhammyP-50

Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:08 am

Austen_lyon123 wrote:
What's The Test Time For The Kyle, TX Model 5 And All Of San Marcos 14 T-121's And Their M-10?
The San Marcos website says they do it every day at noon for "x" amount of time.
But I called them while I was down there and they said whoever made that website needs to take it down.
I'm confused now. :?:

EDIT: here's the website link: https://www.sanmarcostx.gov/311/Warning-Sirens

Like I said earlier they were confused and said that the website I specified was not theirs and asked me to report it to them, I was put on hold then gave them the link. They said it's false and they're going to take it down. That was a year back. I have no idea what's going on.

Austen_lyon123

Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:14 pm

WhammyP-50 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:08 am
Austen_lyon123 wrote:
The San Marcos website says they do it every day at noon for "x" amount of time.
But I called them while I was down there and they said whoever made that website needs to take it down.
I'm confused now. :?:

EDIT: here's the website link: https://www.sanmarcostx.gov/311/Warning-Sirens

Like I said earlier they were confused and said that the website I specified was not theirs and asked me to report it to them, I was put on hold then gave them the link. They said it's false and they're going to take it down. That was a year back. I have no idea what's going on.
The City's outdoor weather warning system has 14 sirens that alert people who are outdoors to seek shelter in the event of a tornado. The system is tested as needed and advertised at Noon weather permitting. We do not test the sirens if the weather is bad or threatening; this helps to ensure that there will be no confusion as to whether it is a test or a real alert. The main purpose of the sirens is to warn individuals that are outdoors to seek immediate shelter. Since many outdoor sounds, including the weather sirens, cannot penetrate many buildings, the sirens are not intended to be heard while indoors.

Alright, Thank You!
Your Car Wash Nut

Austen_lyon123

Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Jared H wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:50 am
Austen_lyon123 wrote:
What's the test time for the Kyle, TX Model 5 and all of San Marcos' 14 T-121's and their M-10?
I have no idea. As such, I just shot San Marcos' EM director an email.
The M-10 is most likely abandoned in place. That 5 could quite possibly also be abandoned in place.
I Hope Not...
Your Car Wash Nut

WhammyP-50

Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Jared might've beat me to the first one, but I called around and found these testing dates:
Quanah TX, SD-10s and Fedelcode 2s. Every Monday at noon (only in spring and summer months)
Howardwick TX, Various Federal Models and Sentry 3V8H's and one 16V1T: also every Monday at noon
Vega TX/Odham County: they'll post on their FB page about it, the lady I talked to was real nice and said it's randomly done. They have a good variety though!

TWB8s

YouTube Username: CaffeinePoweredSS

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:30 pm

Why is the first Wednesday at noon so damn common?
Hmm, good question. It's halfway through Hump Day?

I'll ask my guys at DCEM and see if they know. I'll bet it's an accepted practice from the National Weather Service.
Make it reliable.

WhammyP-50

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 am

I've had this one for a while, but forgot about it! Anyways for all y'all wondering what replaced the T-135AC in Lindsay TX, it's a 20V2T and it goes on the Third Tuesday at 5-6pm. That's when they have the Fire Meetings.

This was from about a year ago and they could've changed it. Or, I completely screwed up the date. :lol: If any of y'all head up there, call before you go.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”