CrazyCalvinWilliams
YouTube Username: CrazyCalvinWilliams

Re: I got a jailbar Thunderbolt!

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:25 pm

stormsetter4 wrote:
CrazyCalvinWilliams wrote:
MattDean1003 wrote:If I may make a small suggestion, let's not yell (ALL CAPS!!!!) at a user for asking where it's from, but politely reply that you are unable to disclose the location. Courtesy goes a long way on the board.

Congrats to owning an extremely rare piece of history. I believe you are the only user to actually own a "jailbar" Thunderbolt head. If I may ask, what was the significance of the braces on the inside of the horn? I figure they would keep the vibration of the horn down, but not sure if they would limit the sound output.

I know a lot less about sirens than I thought lol....sorry, not trying to steal the spotlight!
I honestly do not know the purpose of the braces. I know as much as you do on that :P And I have just the head now, but I am still working on taking down the blower and control panel. I am upset though, because city of which this siren came from retrofitted it with a Whelen control panel ;(
Why are you upset it has a whelen box? This siren was probably phone line controlled up until the whelen radio was installed, whelen RTU's aren't all that common, at least collector wise. The RCM should still be there, it is needed to switch the motors.
I just checked inside the control box and the whole thing is gutted out. Just a few wires and a transformer remain.

coastalsyrolover

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:25 am

Congrats on the Jailbar! Nah I seem to remember a couple of users on here who have gotten their hands on a jailbar one. One of them (Maybe this one was a Youtuber and not on here) had a jailbar Thunderbolt 2000. I seem to recall them making jailbar 1000Ts but they were EXTREMELY rare and most definitely not bumblebolts. And you CAN run the chopper on it by clipping the female end off an extension cord (or getting one already like that) and using some quick disconnects to sound er off... But PLEASE be careful doing that and don't run it too often or too long at a time.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:28 am

I just checked inside the control box and the whole thing is gutted out. Just a few wires and a transformer remain.
Ouch, sounds like all the motor starters and the agastat are gone, might be better off finding another RCM.
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

CrazyCalvinWilliams

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:36 am

coastalsyrolover wrote:Congrats on the Jailbar! Nah I seem to remember a couple of users on here who have gotten their hands on a jailbar one. One of them (Maybe this one was a Youtuber and not on here) had a jailbar Thunderbolt 2000. I seem to recall them making jailbar 1000Ts but they were EXTREMELY rare and most definitely not bumblebolts. And you CAN run the chopper on it by clipping the female end off an extension cord (or getting one already like that) and using some quick disconnects to sound er off... But PLEASE be careful doing that and don't run it too often or too long at a time.
On my back porch there is a 240-volt outlet that used to power an old hot tub. I might use that to power the siren.

coastalsyrolover

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:04 am

CrazyCalvinWilliams wrote:
coastalsyrolover wrote:Congrats on the Jailbar! Nah I seem to remember a couple of users on here who have gotten their hands on a jailbar one. One of them (Maybe this one was a Youtuber and not on here) had a jailbar Thunderbolt 2000. I seem to recall them making jailbar 1000Ts but they were EXTREMELY rare and most definitely not bumblebolts. And you CAN run the chopper on it by clipping the female end off an extension cord (or getting one already like that) and using some quick disconnects to sound er off... But PLEASE be careful doing that and don't run it too often or too long at a time.
On my back porch there is a 240-volt outlet that used to power an old hot tub. I might use that to power the siren.
Yikes... Well make sure she is rated for 240 (which last I checked depends on the model? Like my thunderbolt is a 220 1000A. I wouldn't run it on 240... Maybe someone can chime in and help me on that one...) I just run mine on the standard house supply (120V).
Last edited by coastalsyrolover on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CrazyCalvinWilliams

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:33 am

coastalsyrolover wrote:I just run mine on the standard house supply (120V).
I'll just do that.

Rheems1

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:01 am

Thunderbolt10031 wrote:jail........bar........THUNDERBOLT!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God, is that you?? Why did I not know that Jailbar Thunderbolt boy (now guy) was a member here??!! LOL

Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:55 am

To run the chopper, you can run it on a standard 120v house outlet, the rotator motor and blower are most likely 3 phase, you can't run those parts at home.
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

coastalsyrolover

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:52 am

stormsetter4 wrote:To run the chopper, you can run it on a standard 120v house outlet, the rotator motor and blower are most likely 3 phase, you can't run those parts at home.
Right... I should have mentioned that... Thanks Storm.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:22 am

MattDean1003 wrote:Congrats to owning an extremely rare piece of history. I believe you are the only user to actually own a "jailbar" Thunderbolt head.
https://airraidsirens.com/forums/viewto ... t=ft+worth

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”