Welcome to the Siren Board! 3.3.6

This area of the site is for discussing things related to Outdoor Warning Sirens.
By PugetSoundStormWatch
In your opinion, which city has the best ambience of sirens? My choice would be Manhattan, Kansas which has an Allertor, Modulator, T-1000, SD-10, 2T22, Model 5, with many WPS-2810's and 2001 DC's.

^You can clearly hear a 2001, 2810, Allertor, 2T22, and T-1000.

P.S: I did a search and didn't find a topic on this.
By PeachtreeSirens
The ambiance heard in this video always creeps me out.

Last edited by PeachtreeSirens on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
By PugetSoundStormWatch
VASirens wrote:The ambiance heard in this video always creeps me out.

This is basically what I hear once a month, unless the older sirens actually activate for some tests... :problem:
By DJ2226
Sorry for overloading the page, but I like these. All outside the US and would make me s*** bricks.

Finland: (I know the siren can be seen in this one)

Denmark (Whelen WPS 28XXs... I feel sorry for those drivers)

Nederlands (FS Modulator 1st Gen)

By Mark N
The Boys town ambience was my first favorite. I have really enjoyed some Bethany, OK ambience recordings (there is at least one I've seen, and it was awesome).
By 3t22
the best I can recall are 2 classics I'm sure most of us old timers will remember. They're both audio recordings: one is titled "bolts&m10" which was recorded in Somerset PA by Steelman Hiles around 2000 of their 2 1003s sounding 2 rounds of attack before switching to rise hi-lo with their 16 port M-10 sounding in attack for a fire call at 2am. Another is from the 1st siren contest titled "onthehill" recorded by Mike Stalnecker which is an 8 port 5 and a 2T22 souding in attack for a fire call in PA. Another good one is another Mike Stalnecker recording of a WS 1000 and 5T sounding in attack in PA. I have all 3 recordings on my desktop I'll dig them up and post them, unless someone else happens to have them on hand.

Must have been as I am positive this is the old se[…]

manton MI has one at the campground that's apparen[…]

I completely forgot that sirens could do that. T[…]

How big is a MOD 6048?

Someone has a picture of a worker next to one on a[…]