ACAPenetrator50
YouTube Username: ACAPenetrator50

Kenosha County, WI Siren System Thread

Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:18 am

I figured that I should make a thread for Kenosha County, since there have been many changes and such in the system.
Kenosha County EMA controls 14 small sirens and 21 large sirens, the small sirens being P-15s, a few Banshees, and possibly other sirens, while the large ones are P-50s. Many of the sirens have been replaced with refurbished versions, by Fulton Technologies Inc.
Some P-50s, such as Bristol, WI's, were installed in 2007. Kenosha County does not plan on getting any "new" sirens, only refurbished ones. There have been many issues with the sirens, as some have been struck by lightning, some have controller/radio issues, and some need to be replaced with refurbished sirens. So far, I have found only 31 sirens, but some of them are sirens owned by fire departments, so that increases the number of sirens that are in unknown locations. I suppose that this thread will be easy to locate for anyone searching for information about Kenosha County's siren system.

Kenosha County Siren System Map: http://goo.gl/maps/PFfzd
Kenosha County tests the 35 sirens on the third saturday of the month at 10:30 AM.
Kenosha alternates between Alert and Attack supposedly every month, and test for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Add any additional information/videos/pictures if you would like to. Thanks!

HarlanEllsworth
New User

Re: Kenosha County, WI Siren System Thread

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:41 am

I remember there was one thunderbolt in pleasant prairie but It got replaced with a refurbished p 15

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”