bobcat418
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Flying Train Productions

Re: About Atlanta's old system...

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:10 am

Yes, Grady as in the hospital. I got a shot from The Sundial which is a resteraunt on top of the Westin (big glass cylindrical building in case you are not familiar with atlanta) you can go up for free or eat lunch or dinner there. It revolves.
Check out my youtube channel Flying Train Productions
Proud owner of a '63 Thunderbolt 1000BT, '69 Model B-9 and a late 70's Model A
Certified Skywarn spotter since March 4th, 2017

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:13 am

bobcat418 wrote:Yes, Grady as in the hospital. I got a shot from The Sundial which is a resteraunt on top of the Westin (big glass cylindrical building in case you are not familiar with atlanta) you can go up for free or eat lunch or dinner there. It revolves.
Oh? I've never heard of such a restraunt in the Peachtree Plaza Westin. I've lived in Atlanta my whole life, so I know a good bit about the city. Where do you think this Fedelcode was? The closest siren location I know of near Grady is the Hurt Building MD.
24, and not dead yet.
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

bobcat418
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:42 am

The restaurant is on the very top floor it is fairly new I believe. It could have been a vent but it looked like a Fedelcode on a building next to the steam plant. I actually saw the MD mount on the hurt building but the siren is gone :(. You should go to the restaurant however it can be kinda pricey. You can dress casually at lunch but at dinner you need to get more dressed up, or you can go up for free or a few dollars and just look at the city (or siren hunt). I am glad that you bumped this thread :mrgreen: . Thanks hope I helped.

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:00 am

bobcat418 wrote:The restaurant is on the very top floor it is fairly new I believe. It could have been a vent but it looked like a Fedelcode on a building next to the steam plant. I actually saw the MD mount on the hurt building but the siren is gone :(. You should go to the restaurant however it can be kinda pricey. You can dress casually at lunch but at dinner you need to get more dressed up, or you can go up for free or a few dollars and just look at the city (or siren hunt). I am glad that you bumped this thread :mrgreen: . Thanks hope I helped.
Ah, I see. The only CD thing I know of at Grady is a Type 1 shelter sign on the Steiner Building. Thanks for the info. Personally, I want to get on the roof of the Federal building to get pictures of that 'bolt, but I doubt they will allow me up there...
24, and not dead yet.
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

bobcat418
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:23 pm

I am not sure if it is a Fedelcode I saw it very briefly when I drove by. I would love to purchase that tbolt but how did they get it up there and how would I get it down...

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:12 pm

bobcat418 wrote:I am not sure if it is a Fedelcode I saw it very briefly when I drove by. I would love to purchase that tbolt but how did they get it up there and how would I get it down...
Don't count on it. I talked to the city about it, and they basically told me to "**** off"
24, and not dead yet.
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

agrotred40
YouTube Username: Bigmindcreator

Re:

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Edit: I can't seem to find the exact location of the building let alone the siren.
Last edited by agrotred40 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Johnny has three Apples. He gave one away. What is the circumference of the sun?

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Re:

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:24 pm

agrotred40 wrote:
I'm assuming the Tbolt at the Russell Building was the replacement of the MD. I figured this out because it's a mile away on Courtland and that there is only one gasoline powered Mobil Directo in the US pretty much.
No sir. The noland siren was never really replaced from what I can tell. The Federal Building Tbolt replaced an MD that was on the hurt building between 1978 and 1979, and the MD was removed prior to 1985.
24, and not dead yet.
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

agrotred40
YouTube Username: Bigmindcreator

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Brendan W wrote:
agrotred40 wrote:
I'm assuming the Tbolt at the Russell Building was the replacement of the MD. I figured this out because it's a mile away on Courtland and that there is only one gasoline powered Mobil Directo in the US pretty much.
No sir. The noland siren was never really replaced from what I can tell. The Federal Building Tbolt replaced an MD that was on the hurt building between 1978 and 1979, and the MD was removed prior to 1985.
It's still there? Where is it? I've been trying to find the Noland Building for quite some time.
Johnny has three Apples. He gave one away. What is the circumference of the sun?

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:55 pm

agrotred40 wrote:
Brendan W wrote:
agrotred40 wrote:
It's still there? Where is it? I've been trying to find the Noland Building for quite some time.
The building was demolished in 1982. It stood where Spring St. intersects the downtown connector.
24, and not dead yet.
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”