fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Federal Signal Equinox - Alert - Mentor, OH (7/11/18)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:00 am

Today was the quarterly test of Perry Nuclear Generating Station's Siren System, so I decided to hear my first Equinox.

It was extremely loud and potent and did not disappoint - it vibrated the ground when it was facing me.

This one's siren L-52 (Lake County, Perry Nuclear Siren 52), and is located at Mentor Headlands Community Center in Mentor-on-the-Lake. I set up across the street from the siren. I think the video turned out great overall. I'm not sure if this one replaced a Whelen in particular. All of the Whelens in Perry's old system have been replaced and the Equinoxes replacing them are officially online now, even though some of the sirens are still up, although abandoned. FirstEnergy Nuclear Operating Company (FENOC) tests Perry's system quarterly on the second Wednesday of the month at 11AM during the months of January, April, July, and October. Perry's sirens are now all Equinoxes to my knowledge. Perry Nuclear is set to be decommissioned in 2021 after FirstEnergy announced it was closing all three of their nuclear power plants (Perry, Davis-Besse, and Beaver Valley) within the next three or four years; the fate of the sirens afterwards is uncertain. Lake County also tests its tornado siren system (which is all 2001-SRNs) at the same time and on the same schedule that Perry does. Perry's system is in in parts of Lake, Geauga, and Ashtabula Counties. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-mv4XlSWLg
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Return to “Videos and Media”