Minnesota2T22
YouTube Username: Elevators & Sirens of MSP

Chanhassen and Woodbury, MN Siren Tests

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:57 pm

This was a crazy week for me. To recap:

My plan for Monday was to go to a Menomonie 508 and Eau Claire 2001-SRN for their monthly tests at 10 and 11AM, respectively. However, my parents had other things going on so I wasn't able to make it. My dad said he could try and work something out the night before, but I ended up oversleeping. However, I got recordings of those models elsewhere anyway.

On Wednesday (July 4th), my target was an ASC T-128 in Rosemount, MN, and despite scattered storms in the forecast, I thought Dakota County wasn't weather permitting. But around noon, Hennepin and Ramsey counties both cancelled, which is unusual for them. So I called Dakota, and they cancelled the test. I gave up hope until my mom suggested a Carver County test. Around 12:15, I called the sheriff's office and asked if they were testing, and surprisingly, they said yes! I told my mom, and we made a beeline for Chanhassen. Despite having bad luck with stoplights, we got to the 2001-SRN with three minutes to spare. The siren fired up around 1:01.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL9HPS_BILs

The next day, I found out that Washington County had rescheduled their test, which came as a complete shock. So my dad and I went to Woodbury for one of their 508's, and got two alerts from it! I met up with two other enthusiasts there as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXaQJK4Fi2Y

I also brought a new camera a few days earlier: a Sony Handycam CX-405. I have to say it turned out well. Enjoy!
-Duncan

YouTube: greatnorthernsirens
Instagram: @twin_cities_sirens

floor-a-matic
YouTube Username: electrolux1205

Re: Chanhassen and Woodbury, MN Siren Tests

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:23 am

how far is the 2001 from Paisley Park?
Proud owner of two 2T22s & a 3T22; & might acquire a roundback 2001 soon

Al Lertor
YouTube Username: Al Lertor

Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:45 pm

I lived in Chanhassen in 1989/90. At the time there was an Allertor right next to the city hall right off of Chan View St. There were a lot less buildings in the city then and the Allertor could be heard for miles, even past Paisley Park. I lived right off of Hwy 5 & Hwy 101, right between that Allertor and another Allertor located at Purgatory Park in Eden Prairie - that one was brick red like the other Eden Prairie sirens. The two Allertors sounded great in harmony.
Al Lertor I
Siren Enthusiast

ACAHowler10
YouTube Username: Central MN Sirens
Discord: Condor767

Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:22 pm

Al Lertor wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:45 pm
I lived in Chanhassen in 1989/90. At the time there was an Allertor right next to the city hall right off of Chan View St. There were a lot less buildings in the city then and the Allertor could be heard for miles, even past Paisley Park. I lived right off of Hwy 5 & Hwy 101, right between that Allertor and another Allertor located at Purgatory Park in Eden Prairie - that one was brick red like the other Eden Prairie sirens. The two Allertors sounded great in harmony.
Where is this purgatory park? The only one I can find is by the current train station and its too new to have the allertor
Also, which street was it closest to

Return to “Videos and Media”