fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

FS Thunderbolt 1000T | Full Alert w/Ambience | Ashland, OH | 6-6-18

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDCiKnmA6s

This test was epic! It was so awesome to hear the first 1000T I’ve ever heard before today! Today I decided to make the hour drive to Ashland to see either this Thunderbolt 1000T or their STL-10. I was originally at the Thunderbolt at Dale Roy School but it seemed to be facing the same way as it did on Google Street View (which later I found out was a mere coincidence). This made me wonder whether or not it was inactive; and I nearly went to the STL-10A, but turned around on the way there and I decided to summon up the courage to see whether or not the Thunderbolt worked, since it was last recorded 4 years ago in 2014 by Tom (SRP). Lo and behold, the Thunderbolt roared to life at 11:59, and I was amazed at how loud and how much bass these things actually put out (it vibrated the ground). My Canon Vixia held its volume even though I was only about 150 feet from the siren, and I was sure it would max out, but it held constant, and the video quality also came out well. Towards the end after the Thunderbolt shuts off, you can hear the STL-10A at the Fairgrounds (about 1.2 miles away), as well as the 2 Modulator 2008's at Ashland University that play a special 530hz recording similar to an ASC Tempest siren.

This had to be one of my most favorite siren tests and recordings I've done so far, and I'll definitely be back in Ashland County next month!

Ashland County tests their sirens on the First Wednesday of every month at 12PM. Tests are not usually weather dependent, but tests will be cancelled if there is a major emergency that dispatchers need to attend to.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Return to “Videos and Media”