Captain Dynamite
Premium Member
Premium Member

Mini blue rotor siren unsure of manufacturer & model

Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:29 am

Here is a mini blue rotor siren I got recently. It is also the first one I have seen like it. It is unique in how it has straight rotor blades not backwards curved like on Carter Minimite sirens. I also cranked it right up near the end of the video & it blows alot of air when is is spinning at around 5 to 6,000 rpms. Does anyone know who made it & its model name?

I also grab one of my Minimite sirens in the video to show the size of this model. Near the end of the video I crank it right up & it is so loud & screams. Glad I had earmuffs this time because this little blue siren is potent & really packs a punch in sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMQKTaL2Zl4

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Re: Mini blue rotor siren unsure of manufacturer & model

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Made by Gent. They seemed to have a phase where they'd use these bases for a few things. I have an AC all voltage and frequency strobe that uses the same body and quick mount base.
I guess the advantage of this Gent copy of sorts is the fact that it isn't a directional siren so polarity doesn't really matter but I don't think it's any louder than a Minimite.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Captain Dynamite
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Mini blue rotor siren unsure of manufacturer & model

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:56 am

Oh awesome thankyou for this information. I had a feeling it may have being a Gents siren from the unidirectional rotor & now I know it is. I've since updated my video to reflect this new info.

Return to “Videos and Media”