fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

2018 Ohio Statewide Tornado Drill - ASC T-128, Attack, Brecksville, Cuyahoga County, OH - 3-21-18

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Today was the statewide tornado drill. I originally wasn’t going to be recording anything because I would’ve been in school; but luckily we had a snowstorm last night and my school district along with many others in the area were closed.

I decided to revisit the Blossom Hill T-128 in Brecksville for a re-recording as it was the first siren video I ever made and the quality wasn’t that great; the video was shaking all over the place. This time though, the video turned out great! If you listen closely, you can hear the snow getting clogged inside the intake and being forced out at the beginning. It was extremely cold and not very pleasant weather to be in. This siren was installed in July 2005, and seems to be running on lower AC voltage than it should because while it is lower pitched like most older AC/DC T-128s, it’s a little more sluggish. Even so, this siren can be heard from my house (I live in another county) about 4 miles away, so it does have a significantly good coverage radius. The echoes of this thing are so amazing as well due to the siren’s placement atop a hill. Brecksville normally tests their 2 T-128’s and 2 Federal Signal 2001-130’s every Saturday at Noon during the months of March through October. Tests here do not depend on weather conditions. I will be back here on Saturday to either get an ambience from downtown or to record the cemetery 2001-130. But if Barberton or Norton are testing then I might go there to get either Barberton’s Thunderbolt or Norton’s Whelen OmniAlert OA1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zYX2ODk_90
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Return to “Videos and Media”