fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

FS 508-128 Siren Test; Montville Township, OH 3-3-18

Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:00 am

Not a whole lot to say about this. Typical Medina County Siren Test. Sirens in Medina County are tested every first Saturday of the month at noon, year-round. Tests are not dependent on weather conditions.

This particular 508 went up back in 2014 along with three others in Montville Township, just outside Medina city limits. They were installed by Federal Field Services, which is our Federal Signal dealer/installer out here in Northeast Ohio. SRP filmed this one back in 2014 or 2015, and since I’ve never heard a 508 in person before, I decided to come here. They are very loud and vibrated my chest when the siren was facing me. They blow a T-128 away, at least in my opinion (because I live not too far from a city which has 2 T-128’s and 2 2001-130’s) and are definitely louder and more potent than those, and I got the chopper wind down shot at the end which I think came out well despite the wind attempting to ruin it. This siren is located at Cobblestone Park in Montville Township right across the parking lot from Ralph E. Waite Elementary School, which is a part of the Medina County School District. I met up with a local friend of mine who’s also a siren enthusiast and goes to the same school district (not that one lol) as I do. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFSi4DLbDtE
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Andrew papesh

Re: FS 508-128 Siren Test; Montville Township, OH 3-3-18

Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:02 am

fire_freak_57 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:00 am
Not a whole lot to say about this. Typical Medina County Siren Test. Sirens in Medina County are tested every first Saturday of the month at noon, year-round. Tests are not dependent on weather conditions.

This particular 508 went up back in 2014 along with three others in Montville Township, just outside Medina city limits. They were installed by Federal Field Services, which is our Federal Signal dealer/installer out here in Northeast Ohio. SRP filmed this one back in 2014 or 2015, and since I’ve never heard a 508 in person before, I decided to come here. They are very loud and vibrated my chest when the siren was facing me. They blow a T-128 away, at least in my opinion (because I live not too far from a city which has 2 T-128’s and 2 2001-130’s) and are definitely louder and more potent, and I got the chopper wind down shot at the end which I think came out well despite the wind attempting to ruin it. This siren is located at Cobblestone Park in Montville Township right across the parking lot from Ralph E. Waite Elementary School, which is a part of the Medina County School District. I met up with a local friend of mine who’s also a siren enthusiast and goes to the same school district (not that one lol) as I do. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFSi4DLbDtE
Do you know what siren this 508 replaced?
Just a dude who has a hobby of sirens.

fire_freak_57

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:02 am

Andrew papesh wrote:

It replaced nothing. Most of the sirens in Medina County are new installs (in that they didn’t replace anything prior; not to be interpreted as everything is brand new), including these in Montville Township. The City of Medina has some older 2001-SRN’s from the 1990’s, and there’s two (one confirmed inactive; another presumed inactive) inactive Federal Model 5’s as well as an inactive Sentry Defender (that is abandoned in place). Other sirens include various Federal Signal Models (SRN’s, SRNB’s, and 130’s) as well as some other Sentry sirens.

Medina County doesn’t have a countywide siren system; each municipality that chooses to have them owns and maintains their own systems. The county simply activates them for those communities that have chosen to participate in monthly tests (some communities have their own testing schedules and test separately and others do not test at all (only two places don’t test entirely I believe)); the sirens that test with the county all have FS radio boxes on them because Medina County uses Federal FSK controls to activate them; this includes the certain Sentry sirens in the county that test with the county.
sirenfreak57

Andrew papesh

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:10 am

fire_freak_57 wrote:
Andrew papesh wrote:

It replaced nothing. Most of the sirens in Medina County are new installs (in that they didn’t replace anything prior; not to be interpreted as everything is brand new), including these in Montville Township. The City of Medina has some older 2001-SRN’s from the 1990’s, and there’s two (one confirmed inactive; another presumed inactive) inactive Federal Model 5’s as well as an inactive Sentry Defender (that is abandoned in place). Other sirens include various Federal Signal Models (SRN’s, SRNB’s, and 130’s) as well as some other Sentry sirens.

Medina County doesn’t have a countywide siren system; each municipality that chooses to have them owns and maintains their own systems. The county simply activates them for those communities that have chosen to participate in monthly tests (some communities have their own testing schedules and test separately and others do not test at all (only two places don’t test entirely I believe)); the sirens that test with the county all have FS radio boxes on them because Medina County uses Federal FSK controls to activate them; this includes the certain Sentry sirens in the county that test with the county.
Alright thanks.

fire_freak_57

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:18 am

Andrew papesh wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:10 am
fire_freak_57 wrote:
Andrew papesh wrote:

Alright thanks.
Not a problem. If you want to see a updated countywide siren map from 2017 that SRP (another local siren enthusiast) made, here’s the link: https://goo.gl/wxXHgZ
Last edited by fire_freak_57 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sirenfreak57

Andrew papesh

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:29 am

Alright.

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Small bump.
Not a problem. If you want to see a updated countywide siren map from 2017 that SRP (another local siren enthusiast) made, here’s the link: https://goo.gl/wxXHgz
The map link doesn't work.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

fire_freak_57

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Phone Goat wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:47 pm
Small bump.
Not a problem. If you want to see a updated countywide siren map from 2017 that SRP (another local siren enthusiast) made, here’s the link: https://goo.gl/wxXHgz
The map link doesn't work.
Fixed. The Z just needed to be capitalized is all.
sirenfreak57

Return to “Videos and Media”