fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Federal 2001-SRNB: Fairlawn, Summit County, OH

Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:17 pm

It was Wednesday over winter break, so I stupidly decided to brave the extreme cold (highs of single digits with windchills in the negatives) to go to one of Fairlawn’s 2001’s. Most of them are older SRN and DC models, but this happens to be Fairlawn’s newest siren which was added in 2005 due to the growing number of commercial and shopping developments along OH-18 (W. Market St.) and S. Cleveland-Massillon Rd (OH-21). It’s on the border of Fairlawn, the unincorporated city of Montrose-Ghent (named for the old Montrose drive in theater which is where Summit Mall now sits), and Bath Township. It covers Montrose as well as the southeasternmost side of Fairlawn. I set up in the Rosemont Commons Shopping Center on Brookwall Drive behind the MattressFirm store. My hands were freezing after the test and I immediately made back for my car, which was parked in the Giant Eagle parking lot. Summit County (the City of Akron is our county seat) does not have a countywide siren system, much like Cuyahoga County directly north of us (which is the county Cleveland is located in). All that said, enjoy! Video to be embedded later at which time this post will be edited.

https://youtu.be/1tKy_KRfPWU
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Return to “Videos and Media”