TrainsAndSirens1
YouTube Username: TrainsAndSirens1

Brand New T-128 Sounding for Fire Call - Blacksburg, SC

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edP9iApoBbE

Recorded on the afternoon on November 27, 2017 between 3:15pm to 3:40pm. This brand new American Signal Corp. T-128 fire/tornado siren was sounding off in fire signal for a volunteer fire department fire call! This video even makes it a 2,000 subscriber special video! This new siren was installed a few months ago to replace a Sentry 10V that had radio control issues. The Sentry 10V will be removed in the future for refurbishment by the town for the history. This new T-128 is used for Blacksburg Volunteer FD fire calls and tornado warnings. The town residents don't like this new siren at all because this siren can sound in the middle of any nights just for a fire call and waking the residents up. This T-128 is owned and controlled by Cherokee County. This T-128 is tested at the first Saturday of every month between 9:00AM to 11:00AM ET. This Sentry 10V (hooked up but currently not used) is owned by the town of Blacksburg.

I was so surprised that I got a video of this siren at the right time when I was finishing photographing it! I placed the camera on record in case this siren might sound while I photograph it and 10 minutes later this siren sounded! This was my first time hearing a T-128 in person (finally)! It wasn't too loud, I didn't wear protection (I think I don't need to wear ear protection to siren tests anymore). Sorry for the video shakiness and the camera lens dirty, I had no camera tripod at the time of this and I didn't know the lens was that dirty. This T-128 is located (at 35.121169, -81.515179) in Blacksburg, SC at Blacksburg Volunteer Fire Department next to the Blacksburg Police Department. This Sentry 10V is located on top of Blacksburg Police Department.

*Cherokee County, SC Siren Map (new and updated!):
Owner of a -130, Modulator 6048, B-Series 1003,1000B, 3016, STH-10B, Little Giant, two 5As, 2, 2T, Model B9, 2 Model Ds, 4 Model As, Faraday Type 2, OC-9, 2 AR Timers, other. Skywarn Spotter.
https://youtube.com/user/TrainsAndSirens1

Return to “Videos and Media”