User avatar
JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3112
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 5:49 pm
Location: NC
Contact: Yahoo Messenger AOL

Fake video list

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:05 pm

Please list the YouTube user name, video, and reason why it's fake to this list. PM me or Adam Pollak if you know the user's name on this board. Fake or blatantly unauthorized videos will be deleted form the YouTube Warning Sirens group, and users banned form this board.

There are also several videos consisting of a legitimate siren recording with a picture of a siren (usually omni directional) used at the visual. These are fine since the audio is legit. Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuu2iNisoQc Obviously, the ones with ripped audio from another source are not!

Your help in keeping this hobby and multimedia associated with it legitimate is appreciated!

And remember, keep posting outdoor warning siren & signal recordings as you come across them on YouTube. The group has right at 550 videos now!


Wall of Shame
offense #1 wrote:Youtube user: ThreeMileIslandNGS
Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjQUYLINHOU
ARS board user name: Hope Creek ACA system (banned)
Reason: Forged recording
Last edited by JasonC on Wed May 07, 2008 3:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

Adam Pollak
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 652
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 5:10 am
Real Name: Adam Pollak
YouTube Username: CrazySirenBoy
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Contact: Website Yahoo Messenger AOL

My Response

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:16 pm

Here is an example email I sent to YouTube:

Please remember to follow their guidelines here:
http://www.youtube.com/t/dmca_policy

Just to point out one of the guidelines more, the work stolen must be your own or you must be authorized to act on behalf of someone else. If you even do email, you can't just say that you've heard the audio before and have seen a picture before. It is for if your own work has been used without your permission. At the same time, I know I tend to make a bigger issue out of things than most people do.
The following video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMTI5Jiv ... ed&search=
posted by user tomdragon10 uses a picture that I took in the second half of it. It even still has my name on it, coming from this site http://www.jmarcoz.com/sirens/aurora_co.jpg
I even took my original photo (it does not have the copyright at the bottom, yet retains the full image area) and put my name in the middle as verification.
http://www.civildefensesirens.com/image ... ouTube.jpg

There is a number of people (especially kids) who use another person's recording and play it to someone else's still photo and pass it off as their own. The maker of the video would have to know he was using digital media not belonging to him. It has my name on it. The information in this email is accurate and I am acting on my own behalf.

Signed: Adam R Pollak
July 10, 2007

Adam Pollak
Address Removed
Phone Number Removed

User avatar
JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3112
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 5:49 pm
Location: NC
Contact: Yahoo Messenger AOL

Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:57 am

DjT1003 wrote:The fake poster user name is ( ThreeMileIslandNGS ) and the video URL is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjQUYLINHOU
This is an audio recording from my Federal Signal SiraTone 1212 (Westminster Chime) video.

Here is (My Video) for you to compare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkm3AGfV0Vw
Thanks, I've started the "Wall of Shame".

ermaff6231
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 9:55 am
Location: Villas New jersey
Contact: Yahoo Messenger AOL

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:01 am

i'm not suprised that vince it trying to steal every video posted on youtube :x i'll keep an eye on him on youtube if he takes any more videos i will report him immedietly

User avatar
Gil
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 1906
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 11:55 am
Real Name: Gil R
YouTube Username: gilramirez12
Location: IL
Contact: Website AOL YouTube

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:35 am

Its pretty hard to steal videos on YouTube. You need a Flash video downloader, and converter, and lots of other things. Its not even worth all the trouble.
I don't know how old I am.

User avatar
kswx29
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 3106
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 5:30 am
Location: Topeka/Shawnee County, Kansas
Contact: AOL

Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:06 am

Gil wrote:Its pretty hard to steal videos on YouTube. You need a Flash video downloader, and converter, and lots of other things. Its not even worth all the trouble.
You could just use a screen capture program...but i agree, all of the work you do just to steal someone Else's work is soo not worth it.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

User avatar
ver tum
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 2702
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:54 pm
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

Re: Fake video list

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Hello Jason. I'm reviving this old topic because I saw a video the other day on YouTube that appears to be a fake. Here's the link to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyTPI2pfL9M
What do you think? The audio sounds fake to me, and several other forum members, including Adam, think it may be a fake. Hear's a link to the topic about this video.
http://airraidsirens.com/forums/viewtop ... 0037#30037
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

User avatar
ver tum
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 2702
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:54 pm
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

Re: Fake video list

Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:30 pm

Found another one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dQCaCs9JBU
That sounds a whole lot like the demo recording of a 2001 from FS's website! Sounds like the guy put some reverb on it, and possibly dubbed in another 2001 for effect. Notice the guy on the video says it's loud, but it's not very loud on the video at all. It's definitely a recording of a 2001, because I can even hear the chopper motor! Also, if you listen close, you can hear the dubbed in siren distort, while the rest of the sounds on the video are normal.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

uncommonsense
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:00 pm

Re: Fake video list

Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:19 pm

ver tum wrote:Found another one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dQCaCs9JBU
That sounds a whole lot like the demo recording of a 2001 from FS's website! Sounds like the guy put some reverb on it, and possibly dubbed in another 2001 for effect. Notice the guy on the video says it's loud, but it's not very loud on the video at all. It's definitely a recording of a 2001, because I can even hear the chopper motor! Also, if you listen close, you can hear the dubbed in siren distort, while the rest of the sounds on the video are normal.
Oh no...I think the damning evidence is far more simple. Note that it just cuts off. That's just impossible.

Justin
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 1607
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 6:41 am

Re: Fake video list

Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:56 pm

uncommonsense wrote:
ver tum wrote:Found another one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dQCaCs9JBU
That sounds a whole lot like the demo recording of a 2001 from FS's website! Sounds like the guy put some reverb on it, and possibly dubbed in another 2001 for effect. Notice the guy on the video says it's loud, but it's not very loud on the video at all. It's definitely a recording of a 2001, because I can even hear the chopper motor! Also, if you listen close, you can hear the dubbed in siren distort, while the rest of the sounds on the video are normal.
Oh no...I think the damning evidence is far more simple. Note that it just cuts off. That's just impossible.
Unless Federal decided to install rotor brakes and failed to tell anyone...
If it weren't for those sudden stops and starts, you could almost pass it off as a real recording; but not without suspicion.

Return to “Videos and Media”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests