freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

10-4-17 Brahan Spring Park 2001-AC Short Alert Test + Redstone Arsenal Siren Ambiance

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3H-w9rrZU8

0:00 - Short Alert
2:10 - Redstone Arsenal 2001 siren 1 min. Alert
4:10 - Redstone Arsenal 2001 siren 1 min. Attack
5:50 - Redstone Arsenal ASC E-class Alert
6:40 - Redstone Arsenal ASC E-class Scream

Since I was actually off from work when Madison County was going to conduct the siren test today, combined with good weather today, meant that I was able to go out and record a siren test for the first time in forever! So I decided to go to this siren as, as far as I know, it's the only 2001-AC siren in Madison County to retain the original Federal Signal logo on the horn. I had left my camera recording to see if Madison County was going to do any extra tones, but, as you can see, they didn't. However, I did find out that I was actually close enough to get some faint-ish recordings of one of Redstone Arsenal's 2001s (I believe the one on the hill along Goss Road) sounding off for Redstone Arsenal's extended test, along with one of Redstone Arsenal's ASC E-classes doing Alert and Scream afterwards! However, I didn't expect either part of the E-class's test, which is why I missed the start on both. Either way, it made for a cool test! Other sirens heard are other 2001-AC sirens (I thought I had heard the one at Mayfair Park as I thought I heard one directly to my east) and possibly a Thunderbeam and/or 2001-SRN.

Madison County, AL tests the sirens on the first Wednesday of every month at noon, weather permitting.

Madison County, AL siren map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 57571&z=11
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

Return to “Videos and Media”