Hannah
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T | Alert | Louisville, Jefferson County, KY

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:06 am

No there was a thunderbolt at city hall and i believe it was a 1000t but i cant remember.

EDIT: i have no honest idea where the two 612s came from but ive been told by my city contact that they were installed here in town back in the 80s.
Female enthusiast who is the owner of many large and small sirens, misc controls, timers etc. (too many to list in this small space) all big sirens came from cincinnatis old system.

Greenfield1003
YouTube Username: Indy Metro Sirens

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:09 am

Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:09 pm
Greenfield1003 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:47 pm
Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:39 am

6Ms do not have vents on the blower. That's a 4M to my knowledge. Also, where's that lightning rod you're speaking of? All I can see is the conduit running to the siren.
1.) I NEVER said 6Ms have vents on the blower at any given point in my reply. I know that 4Ms have vents, not 6Ms, and I would greatly appreciate it if you would read my reply more carefully before correcting me.
2.) I was referencing the lighting bolt decor on the horn, and I accidentally typed rod instead of bolt. I have fixed my mistake
Thanks for the reply, but you openly stated you liked the 6M blower. What I was pointing out was that the siren in the video clip apears to have a vented blower in the opening pictures meaning it's a 4M to the best of my knowledge. You can even hear it. I read your reply thoroughly before posting and I was correcting you on the basis that we were both looking at the same video clip on the same thread, which happens to be the one we're commenting on. On that front I would greatly appriciate it if you would carefully re-read your original comment, re-read my reply, and also look at the pictures of the blower in the first video clip and hopefully you'll understand where I was coming from.
Sorry; didn't see the blower the first time I watched the video, and I don't believe I've watched it since then. The siren kind of sounded like it used a 6M blower, so that's what I was going off of. Also you never said "the siren in the video clip appears to have a vent on the blower cover" in your reply so I just thought you were randomly correcting me for no reason lol.
YouTube: Indy Metro Sirens
Facebook: Elizabeth Ogorek
Instagram: indy.sirens_weather_trains

Greenfield1003
YouTube Username: Indy Metro Sirens

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:19 am

Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:09 pm
Greenfield1003 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:47 pm
Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:39 am

6Ms do not have vents on the blower. That's a 4M to my knowledge. Also, where's that lightning rod you're speaking of? All I can see is the conduit running to the siren.
1.) I NEVER said 6Ms have vents on the blower at any given point in my reply. I know that 4Ms have vents, not 6Ms, and I would greatly appreciate it if you would read my reply more carefully before correcting me.
2.) I was referencing the lighting bolt decor on the horn, and I accidentally typed rod instead of bolt. I have fixed my mistake
Thanks for the reply, but you openly stated you liked the 6M blower. What I was pointing out was that the siren in the video clip apears to have a vented blower in the opening pictures meaning it's a 4M to the best of my knowledge. You can even hear it. I read your reply thoroughly before posting and I was correcting you on the basis that we were both looking at the same video clip on the same thread, which happens to be the one we're commenting on. On that front I would greatly appriciate it if you would carefully re-read your original comment, re-read my reply, and also look at the pictures of the blower in the first video clip and hopefully you'll understand where I was coming from.
Also I apologize if my reply came across as harsh to you. I had no intentions of being rude; I just don't like it when people correct me when I already know what I'm talking about lol. I've known 4Ms have vents on the cover and 6Ms don't for a long time; I just didn't notice the blower in the video clip
YouTube: Indy Metro Sirens
Facebook: Elizabeth Ogorek
Instagram: indy.sirens_weather_trains

Hannah
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:21 am

Heres a photo of that city hall bolt in case you were wondering.

Female enthusiast who is the owner of many large and small sirens, misc controls, timers etc. (too many to list in this small space) all big sirens came from cincinnatis old system.

Purring Cat
YouTube Username: Purring Cat

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:42 am

Cool, was it replaced by a EOWS?

Hannah
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:50 am

No, unfortunately it was removed and the only thing left from the installation is the blower and an empty RCM cabinet that are up in the clock tower. they removed the head though sometime ago.

Purring Cat
YouTube Username: Purring Cat

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:06 am

Is it true that Bowman Field had a P-10 Siren?

Return to “Videos and Media”