DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

WPS 4004 Alert and Attack Montgomery, AL

Sat May 06, 2017 12:32 am

I went out to Montgomery on Wednesday to continue searching for analog Whelens. This is another one of their oldies that is equipped with a digital panel. It went off in alert for 3 minutes, and right as I was packing up the thing starts back up in attack. They use that tone as a general purpose tone - apparently they adopted it from their old system. I've never heard this tone in person, and man is it creepy when the sound echos off the nearby shopping mall. While I was there I didn't hear any of the analog sirens. I believe the ones I heard are actually tied to newer style arrays, so finding them will be a pain. Knowing that the peak pitch of the older analog controller in attack usually is around 680 Hz it should stand out. Next time I'm down there, maybe in August, I'm going to try one of their newer 4004's that were installed a few years ago if I can find one. They should have ESC-2030 panels, and while we've heard videos of them in pretty much all of the tones none have been recorded doing a full cycle of attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nybjL2aU77I
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Return to “Videos and Media”