WhammyP-50

Georgetown 10V Pouring Its Heart Out, off of IH-35

Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Copyright WhammyP-50 2017
Please Use With Permission

At 12:02:17, Wednesday the 15th, the city of Georgetown conducted a successful test of the Public Warning System.

So, I was on vacation and happened to be going to Austin, so I figured: "how about coming on Wednesday so I can catch Georgetown's 10V!" So that's exactly what I did. You could see IH-35 from there but I chose not to do that view just for the sake of the quality of the siren zoomed out. Anyways, when it started up (12:02) it was very quiet hence I was 600 feet to it. When I ran up to about 50 feet (no hearing protection) it was ear crushing, louder than any Whelen I've recorded. I was reluctant to record this one because I'd heard that all old sirens were replaced by 508s. I wonder if they decided to keep this one.? Sirens in Georgetown are tested every Wednesday at noon.
Siren coordinates:
JM Page St. and Leander, Georgetown, TX (off of IH-35)

(please do not ever use the phrase at the end of the video, for it is my trademark)

This has been awarded the honor of going into Best of WhammyP-50 for this was a kick butt test and would love to see this again!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrAU_dnxkZE
"... Sometimes moving against the current is as easy as going with it... "

Return to “Videos and Media”