TrainsAndSirens1
YouTube Username: TrainsAndSirens1

2017 SC Tornado Drill: Whelen Vortex R4 "Growl" (Weird Silent Test)

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:35 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S--6Kb8sb04

Recorded on March 8, 2017. This is a video of a Whelen Vortex R4 doing a "growl" (weird silent test) for the 2017 South Carolina Tornado Drill (Severe Awareness Week) at 9:00am. This siren is normally monthly tested (at the first Saturday of every month at 1:00 PM ET) doing 2 rotator tests (*no audible*). I know what you are saying "why is this siren doing a silent test?" The county seems to be too scared to sound this siren full blast on tornado drills because this siren is low mounted and probably gotten noise complaints from the past. This siren never does full tests. After this siren ends, you can faintly hear a Model 5T but I didn't include the whole ambience due to it being boring.

(Old) Video (I took) of this siren doing its monthly silent tests: youtu.be/lD90_pPgDu4

Some of you saying "where's the McCormick Thunderbolt 1003 test?" Long story, but I will make it short. I was told they will do the test on March 8 at 11:00am instead of 9:00am, I went there but the he wasn't there to test the siren so I left. I will try to get a recording of the T-bolt when we plan the siren test with the McCormick Police Department.

I tried to get EAS from the radio but some reason it did not come on the radio. This siren is located in Pauline, South Carolina at Glenn Springs - Pauline Fire Department Station #1 right across from Philadelphia Baptist Church.
Owner of a -130, Modulator 6048, B-Series 1003,1000B, 3016, STH-10B, Little Giant, two 5As, 2, 2T, Model B9, 2 Model Ds, 4 Model As, Faraday Type 2, OC-9, 2 AR Timers, other. Skywarn Spotter.
https://youtube.com/user/TrainsAndSirens1

SentryDefender1275
YouTube Username: AmericanSirenProductions

Re: 2017 SC Tornado Drill: Whelen Vortex R4 "Growl" (Weird Silent Test)

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Wow uh . Idk what to say about that.
Uh I really don't know because that's quiet
Instead of screaming swag and drinking, I go film sirens #americansirenproductions

Return to “Videos and Media”