DSRX100
YouTube Username: DSRX100

Thunderbolt 1000T at Carbondale, IL

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOC-glVRyU4

Although not my original plan, I decided to head on over to Carbondale to record their only 1000T which is located on Willow and Michaels. The city has several Whelens, 2001s, and a system of Mods at SIU (which you can hear shut off after the Thunderbolt winds down). Strangely, I could not hear any of the Whelens throughout the test. Sirens in Carbondale are tested by their emergency operations center every first Tuesday of the month at 10AM in alert and attack.

As for this siren, I was impressed by how healthy it sounded, but not so impressed by the broken rotator or the attack cycle's timing which seemed a little off. Otherwise, for a three hour trip, I left the area generally impressed.
-Brandon Mendel
Youtube: DSRX100

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Re: Thunderbolt 1000T at Carbondale, IL

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:13 pm

You're in my town! I had no idea you came through here. This siren actually just got back online. It had blower issues and they were fixed over the summer. During the fix, someone must've cut the rotator off. This one, like the other old sirens that were replaced and are rotting in various places around town were all single phase strangely.
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

Return to “Videos and Media”