german_siren
YouTube Username: krautscheid

Strange sounding rocket siren in Haifa

Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:38 pm

Have found some strange sounding siren in haifa you can hear some abinace but there is a very strange sounding siren in it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlDp45NkCA

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Re: Strange sounding rocket siren in Haifa

Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:54 pm

That almost sounds like a Hörrman ECN to me.
Last edited by Chicagosiren-hunters on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
24, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

Mark N
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:17 pm

Hörrmans are what they have if memory serves me right.

PeachtreeSirens
YouTube Username: PeachtreeSirens

Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:28 am

They do indeed have Hörrmans, at least one of which can be heard in the ambiance. There have also been rumors of a few Whelens floating around as well, and there was also a photo of an old HLS F71 from Israel.
Don't wait. Take a siren photo today.
I was VASirens, but I moved.Check out IRC!
Proud owner of a frozen Model A, a Darley Champion "L", an Ademco 12V beehive, a few horns, a brass whistle and several old weather radios that sound like sirens. Those last three count, right?

Firepro1120

Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:26 pm

The Whelens are actually Alerting Solutions/Hormann America sirens: http://www.alertingsolutions.com/outdoo ... dress.html. Someone found a Modulator in Haifa (https://goo.gl/9yNidA) awhile ago that's next to an ECN but I don't think it's a replacement because it looks like it's on some kind of religious building so it probably serves the same purpose the 40V2T on top of that school in Brooklyn did and the ECN is the rocket attack siren.

german_siren
YouTube Username: krautscheid

Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:32 pm

yes they have these electronic sirens but if you hear it closely or carefuly one siren sounds not like the electronic sirens i have heard before. it has that weird sound when the howl peaks

Firepro1120

Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:24 pm

I found a video of an air raid drill in Haifa at the university and I heard a low tone mechanical siren and assumed it was a Hormann HLS F71 on the roof of the building but I looked around the university on Google Maps and didn't find any F71s but I did find something very interesting: https://goo.gl/gGN9Xo and now that I listen to that video again it doesn't sound like an F71 instead it sounds like one of those French sirens and looks like one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ankcaMkD7fo

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:48 pm

They've decommissioned their mechanical and pneumatic sirens with electronic sirens from what I understand. The F71s were models with diesel engines to drive the gen-set and compressor, so that's probably what prompted them to replace them like many of the pneumatic sirens in Germany. There was also talk about them having ATIs at one point, but knowing how many times those array setups have been used for siren systems it's hard to say what brand we are dealing with. They could be Meerkat sirens. That Modulator makes the ECN 1800 look like a Tonka toy.
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Firepro1120

Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:56 pm

DJ2226 wrote:They've decommissioned their mechanical and pneumatic sirens with electronic sirens from what I understand. The F71s were models with diesel engines to drive the gen-set and compressor, so that's probably what prompted them to replace them like many of the pneumatic sirens in Germany. There was also talk about them having ATIs at one point, but knowing how many times those array setups have been used for siren systems it's hard to say what brand we are dealing with. They could be Meerkat sirens. That Modulator makes the ECN 1800 look like a Tonka toy.
The Alerting Solutions sirens I pointed out before are the sirens that they are starting to put in. They look like ATIs but they aren't instead they use the same speakers but use UltraVoice controllers.

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:05 pm

"Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work." That got me. XD
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

Return to “Videos and Media”