yossiro7
New User
YouTube Username: yossiro7

Re: Strange sounding rocket siren in Haifa

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:08 pm

Hello everyone! I live in Israel and familiar with the siren history here.
Basically, today we have here only hormann ECN3000 and ATI HPSS3200. the only models that are active today.

few yers ago there was a bland of ECN's, hormann F71, modulators , and some unknown french model, similar to some sentry 10v.
unlike in the USA , the only authority that is in charge of the alerting system- is the IDF. not the local authority, or fire departments.
there are some exceptions... religiuos SABATH sirens are very very rare, and ultra Orthodox jewish comunities are using the old french kind of sirens. NOT the modulators etc.
BTW - here the federal modulators were not as high pitch as they are in US, more like the sound of Whelens , but they are retired by now.

also, here the ATI's are working really well, without malfunctions ... their sound is good and loud too. i know that in the USA there is a lot of criticism on the ATI products...

german_siren
YouTube Username: krautscheid

Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:09 pm

so the f71 is not active

Duderocks5539
YouTube Username: Duderocks5539
Discord: Duderocks5539

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:13 pm

The F-71s are still active.
Proud owner of a Federal Sign & Signal Thunderbolt 1000A, Federal Sign & Signal Model L, Darley Model 2-120 and a Model 120 from the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant.
Model 120 wiki: https://wiki.airraidsirens.net/Model_120

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Duderocks5539 wrote:
I'm wondering if you read the first page or not, because, this is really on the contrary:
DJ2226 wrote:They've decommissioned their mechanical and pneumatic sirens with electronic sirens from what I understand. The F71s were models with diesel engines to drive the gen-set and compressor, so that's probably what prompted them to replace them like many of the pneumatic sirens in Germany. There was also talk about them having ATIs at one point, but knowing how many times those array setups have been used for siren systems it's hard to say what brand we are dealing with. They could be Meerkat sirens. That Modulator makes the ECN 1800 look like a Tonka toy.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Duderocks5539
YouTube Username: Duderocks5539
Discord: Duderocks5539

Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:15 am

Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:22 pm
Duderocks5539 wrote:
I'm wondering if you read the first page or not, because, this is really on the contrary:
DJ2226 wrote:They've decommissioned their mechanical and pneumatic sirens with electronic sirens from what I understand. The F71s were models with diesel engines to drive the gen-set and compressor, so that's probably what prompted them to replace them like many of the pneumatic sirens in Germany. There was also talk about them having ATIs at one point, but knowing how many times those array setups have been used for siren systems it's hard to say what brand we are dealing with. They could be Meerkat sirens. That Modulator makes the ECN 1800 look like a Tonka toy.
So now this means no F-71s are active worldwide? Belgrade, Serbia just replaced all there F-71s and E-57s recently ,and Germany has decommissioned F-71s ,some are still standing ,the others have had their heads removed and replaced with either radio antenna's or HLS 273s. But all the F-71s in Germany were decommissioned in 2005 I believe.
Proud owner of a Federal Sign & Signal Thunderbolt 1000A, Federal Sign & Signal Model L, Darley Model 2-120 and a Model 120 from the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant.
Model 120 wiki: https://wiki.airraidsirens.net/Model_120

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Duderocks5539 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:15 am
So now this means no F-71s are active worldwide? Belgrade, Serbia just replaced all there F-71s and E-57s recently ,and Germany has decommissioned F-71s ,some are still standing ,the others have had their heads removed and replaced with either radio antenna's or HLS 273s. But all the F-71s in Germany were decommissioned in 2005 I believe.
Well In the Rhineland they were replaced with ECNs, and it was the Rickmers Werft sirens that had the HLS-273s put on top of them.

Apart from those details, I think you are more or less correct.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Return to “Videos and Media”